Barents-toppmøte i Tromsø
Utenriksministerne fra de fire barentslandene er ventet til Tromsø 26. oktober, når formannskapet i Barentsrådet skal overleveres fra Norge til Finland.
Se program for møtet under.
18th Ministerial Meeting of the Barents Euro-Arctic Council
26 October 2021 9 a.m.-2 p.m. C.E.T.
- Opening session
Video and artistic performance
Welcome by Norway’s Minister of Foreign Affairs
Welcome by the President of the Sámi Parliament of Norway
- Approval of the agenda
- Interventions by BEAC-members
- Interventions by the Chair of the Regional Council, Västerbotten and the incoming chair Nenets Autonomous Okrug
- Presentations by working groups
Health and Related Social Issues
Transport and Logistics
Barents Forest Sector
Rescue Cooperation in the Barents Region
The Action Plan on Climate Change
- Adoption of the Barents Action Plan on Climate Change
- Adoption of the Barents Financial Mechanism
- Report from the chair of the Committee of Senior Officials
- Chairmanship handover
Presentation of Finland’s Chairmanship Program by Foreign Minister of Finland Pekka Haavisto
Concluding remarks by Minister of Foreign Affairs of Norway
Handover of the chairmanship from Norway to Finland
- Signing of the Ministerial Declaration
- Group photo
BREAK 10.45 a.m.–11.15 a.m.
Youth Summit: 11.15 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
Armchair conversation with the ministers and youth representatives.
The meeting is organised by Norway and Västerbotten in close cooperation with the Barents Regional Youth Council (BRYC).
Martin Gamst Johnsen, Deputy chair of BRYC, Troms & Finnmark County, Norway
Maria Grånemo, BRYC representative, Västerbotten, Sweden
Participating youth representatives
- Daria Makhotina, BRYC representative, Murmansk, Russia
- Kosma Rönkä, BRYC representative, Oulu, Finland
- Anette Bang, BRYC representative, Nordland County, Norway
- Enni Similä, Chair of Saami youth, Finland
- Karina Burman, BRYC-representative of Norrbotten, Sweden
Press opportunity: 12.30 p.m.–1.00 p.m.
Lunch & Awarding ceremony Barents Cultural scholarship: 1.00 p.m.–2.00 p.m.
Welcome by Mayor of the City of Tromsø, Gunnar Wilhelmsen
Artistic performance featuring Emil Karlsen and Ekaterina Efremova
Award ceremony for the Barents Cultural Scholarship. The ministers from Norway, Finland, Russia and Sweden will award the prizes to the winners from their respective countries.
Artistic performance by former Norwegian prizewinner Ola Asdahl Rokkones and musicians from the Norwegian Arctic Philharmonic Orchestra.
Closure of the meeting: 2.00 p.m.
Both the Barents Euro-Arctic Council ministerial and the Youth Summit are by invitation only. Observers are kindly invited to follow the streaming of the meeting here: https://ctnor.live/barents-tromso
The meetings will be conducted in English with an option for Russian. Simultanous interpretation (English-Russian and Russian-English) will be provided.