Since it was established in 1996 The Norwegian Barents Secretariat Office in Arkhangelsk has become the main resource centre for organizations and private persons involved in Barents projects and the Barents cooperation.
The main responsibilities of the Office are:
- Selection, systematising and dissemination of information about Barents co-operation, and organisations located in the Barents Euro-Arctic Region (BEAR);
- Assistance to local organisations in project management dealing with their participation in the Barents co-operation.
- Assistance to local organisations in seeking for partnership within the BEAR.
- Rendering informational, consultation and technical assistance to all organisations and individuals interested in the Barents co-operation;
- Providing assistance in holding and participation in negotiations, drawing up bilateral agreements, treaties; assistance in arranging seminars, conferences and official Barents events.
- An important source of information for the participants of the Barents cooperation in Norway, Sweden and Finland.
Norway’s Honorary Consulate to Arkhangelsk
Our Arkhangelsk office is also Norway’s honorary consulate to Arkhangelsk, with office Director Andrey Shalyov as the Honorary Consul. The office provides information about Norway and about visa regulations for visitors to Norway.
More information about visa regulations at http://www.norvegia.ru/